This beautiful yet delicious apple galette can be served for breakfast, with a steaming cup of coffee or for dessert, served warm with French vanilla ice cream and dulce de leche syrup.
Prep time: 1 hr
Total time: 2 hr 10 min
Makes 6-8 slices
1 Store-bought pie crust
2 Apples (1 granny smith, and 1 honey crisp)
2 Tablespoons corn starch
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon butter
Dulce de leche syrup
Pecans or Walnuts (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Peel, core, and slice your apples into thin slices.
3. In a large bowl, mix sugar, corn starch, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and mix to combine.
Add the apples, add the lemon juice, then toss until the apples are covered in the mixture.
4. Roll out one pie crust onto a very lightly greased baking sheet. Arrange the apples in a
circular pattern or just dump them into center of Pie Crust and distribute evenly, starting from
the center and working your way around ,leave 2 inches of crust around the outside for folding.
5. Fold the sides inward, working your way around the galette and overlapping slightly.
Cut the tablespoons of butter into smaller chunks and sprinkle them liberally around the
tops of the apples. Brush the crust with egg wash and sprinkle it with a little sugar.
Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool and serve warm!
Recipes by: Zuleika Martinez
for more recipes visit zuzuandamanda.com