Try this healthy blend of vegetable and spices to give you that aromatic latin flavor.
1 head of garlic
1 bunch of cilantro
1 bunch of culantro
Tomatoes (any kind)
1 Yellow onion
1 Red bell pepper
1 Green bell pepper
1 Yellow bell pepper
1 Orange bell pepper
1 Cuban bell pepper
3 or 4 Dominican Peppers
Salt to taste
1. Start by filling sink with warm water and adding 1cup of vinegar to rinse off your veggies. Don’t add the cilantro, culantro, or garlic. However rinse off your leafy greens with water and dab it dry with paper towels.
2. Remove the stems and seeds from all the peppers excluding the Dominican peppers.
3. Chop onions, peppers, tomato into squares.
4. Add all the ingredients to food processor or blender. Add EVOO and salt to your preference. Liquify until slightly smooth.
5. Remove and freeze in ziploc bags can be stored for up to 6 months. The remaining sofrito can be stored in the fridge and used for everyday cooking to give your dish that latin flavor.
Can be used for beef, stews, rice, poultry, and soups.